Welcome to 2018 !
2018 is here and welcome to the new year!
You probably have set new goals for your business? Opening a second location? Hiring new employees? Developing new products and branching into new markets?
Developing an Office Emergency Plan? <- This is a great idea!
You, as the business owner or CEO, may be investing a tremendous amount of time, energy, resources, and money into your new 2018 endeavors. Or this year you have a set budget of thousands of dollars to invest into a new marketing campaign.
Consider just these few questions:
- Will our new process allow us any down time in case of a building flood, fire, or other disaster that occurs to our building and operations?
- Are their customers, vendors, or suppliers that are counting on us to deliver a product on time and without delay? Conversely, are WE relying on others to provide us with services and supplies?
- If our location was to be affected by a hurricane, wildfire, or terrorist attack, can we easily and rapidly account for all of our employees safely and then resume operations?
- HOW MUCH MONEY WILL WE LOSE BY NOT HAVING A PLAN IN PLACE TO ACCOUNT FOR A DISASTER AFFECTING OUR LOCATIONS AND STAFF? (emphasis added)
Make this a discussion at your next C-Suite or Manager level meeting (and invite us to it :) ). According to the Associated Press, North America took the brunt of natural disasters in 2017. In addition to the human cost, in terms of lives lost and displacement, the economic cost in damages is astronomical: $215 billion (USD). While having an Office Emergency Plan in place CANNOT stop a disaster from occurring, it can MITIGATE a businesses losses, as steps can be put in place that protect employees, their families, locations, inventory, and operations.
So take a good look at your business and ask yourself:
- If a wildfire threatened our business this afternoon, what are the first 5 steps we'd take right away?
- If a hurricane was projected to strike our offices in 2 days, how would we notify our customers, vendors, and organize our employees?
- If a terrorist/active shooter entered our premises, are our employees prepared to deal with the aftermath?
- What if.....
We can help. You have questions, we have answers.
Welcome to 2018!